- HOME PAGE
- RESIDENTIAL DOORS
- COMMERCIAL DOORS
- SPECIALTY DOORS
- PRODUCT INFO & BROCHURES
- DOOR OPENERS
- SERVICE & REPAIRS
- CONTACT US
Just like your car, regular maintenance is an important part of the life and warranty of your garage door. Washing the door exterior every few weeks will remove any residue buildup and ensures your new door keeps its good looks (This can be done next time you wash your car) We recommend for new homes your first full service is carried out 15 months after installation and annually thereafter, of course you can perform regular home maintenance checks and do most of it yourself if you choose.
Waikato Door Specialists service and repair most makes and models of residential and industrial garage doors and motors, as well as offering a comprehensive database and annual service programme. When you purchase a new garage door & auto opener from Waikato Door Specialists - we can remind you when its time for some TLC, so you never have to worry about the ongoing performance and reliability of one of your most used assets. Our commercial division offer businesses and landlords 3, 6 or 12 monthly servicing programmes to ensure your business premises has reliable access with less down time when incidents occur
“Call us today…to book your next service”
WHAT TO DO IN A POWERCUT...RE-ENGAGING THE MANUAL RELEASE
DIY - HOME MAINTENANCE GUIDE (Every 3-6 months)
- Guides / Tracks:
(Rolling Garage Doors) Clean the internal sections of the guide tracks with a cloth dampened with mineral turps or methylated spirits. Polish vigorously to achieve a smooth, dirt and moisture resistant surface, allowing the Nylofelt to glide more easily.
DO NOT USE GREASE OR OIL ON THE GUIDE TRACKS.
(Sectional Garage Doors) Should be cleaned as per rolling door instructions, but do not require polishing of the internal guide tracks.
- Hinges: Sparingly lubricate with an all purpose silicon spray. Also lubricate wheel to axle bearings.
- Springs: (Where accessible). Wipe over with an oily rag.
- Locks: (For non-automated doors) Your lock does not require special maintenance, however if the key becomes stiff, a spray lubricant such as RP7 is recommended. Do not grease the lock.
- Automatic Garage Door Openers: If you have an automatic opener fitted to your garage door it is important that you ensure the optimum operation of your door, otherwise you may reduce the effective life of the opener, and void your opener warranty. For more information refer to the maintenance schedule in your garage door opener's instruction handbook.
- Opener Chain: Lubricate with Chain Lube.
- Lifting Cables: Check for wear through by rubbing. If there is fraying or signs of corrosion contact your local approved Garador dealer. These cables are under extreme tension and should never be adjusted, except by fully trained Garador Dealers.
- Fasteners: Check all screws, nuts and bolts to ensure they are secure.
- Spring Tension: It is natural for springs to lose tension. Should the door become hard to operate or completely inoperative, contact your local Garador office, or call the Garador dealer who installed your door.
WARNING: The spring unit is under tension at all times and should never be adjusted, except by experienced door installers.
No operator or other person should ever stand directly in the path of the garage door in its downward travel or walk through while the garage door is moving. Always use the garage door handle to manually lift the door. If your garage door is now, or later becomes automatically operated, any pull down rope on the garage door must be removed.
DO NOT PLACE YOUR FINGERS NEAR ANY MOVING PARTS OR BETWEEN THE GARAGE DOOR PANELS WHEN THE DOOR IS OPERATING (Either Automatically or Manually)
Please Note* We firmly believe that the installation or removal of a garage door is not a do-it-yourself job. A garage door is the largest moving object in your home and with any repair or maintenance, care must be taken. The springs in particular can be especially dangerous and proper installation and/or removal is critical to the safety and performance of your door. We recommend an approved installer handle the job for you.
Phone 07 849 7695 or email